Protein Energy Balls
Makes 16 Balls
* 1 cup desiccated coconut
* 1 cup raw nuts (any or all of the following: pecans, cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, chestnuts, etc)
* 1 tablespoon nut butter (almond, cashew, or peanut)
* 3 tablespoon maple syrup (more or less depending on your liking)
* Chia seeds
* Bits of tried fruit
* Mint Essential Oil for mint-chocolate
* Protein powder for extra protein
Place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb.
If it's too wet, add more dry (coconut flakes or coconut flour or almond meal)
If too dry, add more wet (maple syrup or nut butter)
Taste along the way to balance salty & sweet
Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls or press them into silicon molds. Place the balls into the fridge for 15 min or eat right away!
Store in fridge or in freezer in portion sized packs to grab on the go!